Remember that iconic scene in The Lion King, where Rafiki whacks Simba over the head with his walking stick?
Rafiki says to Simba, “You can’t be upset about it, because it is in the past.” And while this scene, and the famous Hakuna Matata song share some more lax insights on leaving your trouble and worries behind, they failed to create a song about the long-term strain of all of this to our Nervous System.
Today’s episode I am talking with Erica Hanlon, a certified coach and general life coach, specializing in working with people with Type A personalities. We are going to dive into all about the super hot and trendy topic, trauma response.
We’ll talk about how trauma doesn’t live in the circumstance or the event, it lives in your nervous system. We’ll also talk about how this is all connected to Thoughtwork; How our thoughts are a reflection of what our nervous system state is, and why people started to see there might have been limitations with only doing thoughtwork, and the benefits of learning more about the Nervous System.
Watch our discussion below:
On today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- What is the Autonomic Nervous System, and how that relates to your everyday life.
- How the “Window of Tolerance” relates to your Nervous System, and the way you think about your business
- Why desire to feel safe in your business can control how and when your business grows
- Why learning how to regulate your own Nervous System is not only beneficial for you, but current and future clients
Learn more about Erica
- Click here for more information!
Featured on this episode:
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is head HERE.
- Enrollment for the all new Simple Scaling Mastermind is OPEN until August 19th! Click HERE to apply!
- Interested in Mama to CEO? Learn more HERE!
- Get visible with my new FREE guide – 61 Ways to Get More Visible to Your Ideal Clients! Click HERE to download!
- Feel like you don’t have enough time to grow your business? Sign up for my Time Redesigned course HERE.