I’m going to let you in on one of my biggest business strategies, ever…
Sell the thing that people want, because it will be the easiest thing to sell.
The thing that people already want that you can deliver on, that is the thing that you should sell.
So many business owners when they first start out focus on:
What is my hobby?
What is the thing that I really love?
And once they identify that, they think, “O.K., I’m going to monetize that.”
But the truth is really this…
As a business owner, you can either:
1. Explore your passions and interests, think about your life’s purpose, and make a business around that
2. Figure out what people want and need, that you can provide, and offer that.
Today on the podcast, I asked my client Suzanne, owner of Level Up Co, to come on and talk about this. She’s someone who specifically started off her business with option two – and it led to incredibly fast growth and success (she was full time in her business within 6 months).
We talk about selling the thing people want, how to know what people want, and more. If you are just starting out – OR – if you are feeling like you just aren’t selling as much as you want and wondering if it’s time to pivot, this episode is for you.
View our discussion below:
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How it’s important to identify what you want your lifestyle and business to look like
- Why it’s ok to pick something that isn’t your purpose or passion to sell, if it aligns with your lifestyle
- How the business can be the thing that allows you to chase other passions
- Why selling something that people want gives you more confidence in showing up for your product/service