When I first started my online business, I built a website, created an Instagram profile, and developed courses. I did everything I thought I was supposed to do to get paying clients, and it didn’t work.
It ended up taking me a whole 10 months to get my first purchase: one 30 minute coaching session for $40.
It was a long 10 months, and I had a lot of recalibrating to do before getting that first purchase. But the truth is, that very first client is the most difficult to get, and once you get it, you have proof that your business can work, and can make money. Everything else comes more easily after that.
So, on today’s episode of the Online Business Building Mamas podcast, I’m sharing the story of how I got my first paying client, the ways I tried and failed before getting that client, and my top lessons for anyone just starting out in their business.
On today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Why your first paying client is often the hardest to get
- Why your current business situation means nothing about your future success
- THE most important thing you can do to get clients when first starting out
- Why you might only be one small shift away from getting a new customer
Featured on this episode:
- Ready to start booking your first few clients? I can help. Join Mama to CEO today.